- onions, peeled and chopped 0.50 Stück
- extra virgin olive oil 0.5 dl
- very thin sirloin steaks (or haunch steaks) 2 pce
- sliced Provolone cheese 60 g
- large French loaf (or 2 smaller ones) 0.25 pce
- rocket, washed 12.5 g
- San Marzano tomatoes 0.5 pce
- dash white wine vinegar
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- French mustard (e.g. Dijon)
Fry the onions in a little olive oil – on the preheated griddle plate – until golden-brown and season with salt, freshly ground pepper and the white wine vinegar. Drizzle the meat with olive oil, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and cook on the hot griddle plate. Turn the steaks over after 2-3 minutes and top them with the cheese.
In the meantime, cut the French loaf lengthwise and preheat /pre-bake on the griddle plate or in the oven. Open out the preheated French loaf and cover one side with the golden-brown onions. Then add the meat, followed by the rocket, spreading some mustard on top to finish.
Finally, close the steak sandwich and cut into two or four pieces and enjoy.
EASY FLIP - Direct heat
5 minutes at the highest setting with the lid closed