Chilli con carne
- 1.2 kg Minced beef
- 800 g Chopped, peeled tomatoes
- 50 g Tomato paste
- 4 Piece(s) / Portion(s) Chillies, deseeded and sliced into small rings
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Piece(s) / Portion(s) Cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 400 ml Roasting stock
- 250 g Tinned kidney beans, drained
- 200 g Tinned sweetcorn, drained
- 500 g Onions, chopped into small cubes
- 3 Teaspoon Salt
- 1.5 Teaspoon Freshly ground pepper
- 1.5 Teaspoon Sugar
- 150 g Sour cream / crème fraîche
Place the grill in the Standard position while preheating the lower part of the Dutch Oven for 10 minutes at the highest level. Keep the lid closed.
Allow the butter to melt in the preheated Dutch Oven, brown the onions, garlic, chillies and tomato paste.
Push the vegetables to the side of the Dutch Oven and sear the minced meat in the middle.
Add the stock and tomatoes. Reduce the heat and simmer the chilli at approximately 120 °C for one and a half hours. In order to reduce the heat, place the lid on the Dutch Oven at a slight angle.
Add the sweetcorn and beans and continue to cook for another 30 minutes.
Season the cooked chilli with salt and pepper and serve with a portion of soured cream.