- 4 Piece(s) / Portion(s) Pretzel breadsticks
- 1 Piece(s) / Portion(s) Onions, chopped into small cubes
- 1 Piece(s) / Portion(s) Onions, cut into thin rings
- 1 Piece(s) / Portion(s) Carrots, chopped into small cubes
- 4 Piece(s) / Portion(s) Bratwurst
- 2 Tablespoon Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoon Mustard
- 25 g Butter
- 400 g Sauerkraut
- 3 Piece(s) / Portion(s) Bay leaves
- 6 Piece(s) / Portion(s) Cloves
- 4 Piece(s) / Portion(s) Bergkäse (mountain cheese)
- Freshly ground pepper
Preheat the grill in the Standard position for 5 minutes at the medium level, keep the lid closed.
Get all of the ingredients ready.
Skin the bratwurst and cut lengthwise, do NOT cut all the way through. Cut onions in half and cut the halves into fine slices in the opposite direction.
Sauté the cubes of onion and carrot with some butter in the pan. Add the sauerkraut, bay leaves and cloves, season with salt and pepper.
Allow the sauerkraut to simmer on the grill at approximately 100 degrees for approximately 45 minutes, stir occasionally.
Bake the pretzel breadsticks on the grill at approximately 200 °C until they are golden brown.
Place the onion rings in the preheated Aroma Pan and roast until crispy. At the same time put the bratwurst on the grill plate and brown them. Cut the baked, lukewarm pretzel breadsticks (but do not cut all the way through). Carefully fold them out and spread both sides with mustard and ketchup. Fill the rolls with cheese and sausage. Spread the sauerkraut over them and garnish with fried onions.
Grilling - cooking
The sauerkraut can also be prepared in the BBQ Wok on the side hot plate when using the Lugano gas kettle barbecue or the Arosa Premium Steel.